The bookshelf above probably speaks most about who I am and what informs my work. I am a life-long learner who yearns to keep learning both for my own personal growth and to the benefit of my clients.
For over 25 years, I have provided specialized assessment, counseling, training and consultation services in the states of Arizona, Connecticut and California. I am a licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT) and professional clinical counselor (LPCC) in California, and a licensed professional counselor (LPC) in Arizona. I believe my clients benefit from the diverse professional experiences I have had over the years, having provided services in private practice, community mental health, school, correctional, residential treatment and university counseling settings.
Some reasons why clients choose to work with me are:
- My success in assisting individuals and their families who are dealing with mental health concerns like depression, anxiety, trauma and addiction.
- Although my clients range in age from 12-70, I have extensive experience working with high school and university-aged clients (and their parents). I’ve held clinical and leadership roles at several universities throughout my career and often help families navigate those internal systems of care, as well as how to help students transition out of and back into school settings after a mental health crisis.
- I have worked with individual clients, groups and companies in the aftermath of a significant crisis, often called upon to support first responders or those leading crisis efforts.
- I often partner with attorneys and others involved in forensic mental health settings to provide services to those struggling with legal concerns.
- Although my practice works with women and men alike, I have a special interest in helping men/ adolescent boys with the therapy process. I create an environment where my male clients feel empowered, where we work together to create a relationship that’s safe, challenging and strength-focused. Click here to learn more about this work.